Thursday, June 21, 2007

A rainy, coffee-drinking kind of day



Today was such a beautiful day (while I was at work)... all of my customers kept telling me that it was a shame I had to work today, it was so beautiful outside.... And of course, a half hour before I left work, the rain came a-fallin', the thunder came a-clappin', and the lightning was a-strikin'! It became a dreadfully grey, dreary day, meant only for staying inside and sharing bon-bons with the dog and cat (doesn't everyone?).



Except - I was doing a bit of shopping when I got off work... Yesterday I bought a new roll of contact paper to cover my bookshelf with (I've had it since I was born, and at the moment its covered in yellowish-tan paper with palm trees on it.... its a little....busy...... for my current decor). I only bought one roll, thinking it would be enough for the whole shelf. Stupid me. I only got 2 of the 4 shelves covered, and so I told myself I would buy another roll today. Yesterday there were about 6 rolls left. Today they're all gone. I asked someone to check the inventory and found that there are 6 rolls in transit right now, so I will [eventually] get the rest of my shelf covered....in the meantime it looks like this:




2 white-with-blue-dots shelves, 2 palm tree shelves. *sigh*

Anyway, back to my story -

While I was shopping after work, I ran into my friend Josh, who is home for the week from the Art Institute in Pittsburgh. He whisked me off to Target, where he bought a digital video camera (he's a camera-freak), and then we decided we needed coffee, so we went to Port City Java, in Hagerstown, that I never knew existed. I wish I'd had my camera with me...this place is amazing (considering the, ahem, rural area where we live.... its an amazing coffee shop!). It was open-mic night tonight, and there were a lot of people there.... I had so much fun! Josh knew virtually every person in the shop, and some of his friends performed. One boy, only 16 years old (!!), was amazing. I think his name was Zach?? As it turns out, he is the younger brother of the guitarist from this little band called Live (yes, the Live). That kid is talented! I definitely plan on going there more often! Apparently, Port City has been there for 3 or 4 years now....I'm just so out of the loop!

And now, I have lots of pictures to show you...but I'm going to do it in another post because I always mess up the text formatting when I add lots of pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...