Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm so proud of me!

Oh dear, I've been awfully busy these past few days....getting ready for school!
Yesterday I went to Orientation at the school (which was really unnecessary because a)I'm not 17 and I've been to college before, and b)I took care of all of that business on Monday, ie getting my student ID, parking permit, and whatnot). The two things that I did accomplish, however, made me quite happy. Number one, I bought my books, and it only cost about $300. Not bad, considering I bought like 6 books. And... I was able to add another class to my schedule! I went straight up the chain of command to get myself some more credits, namely because the online class-add thingy was broken. "Technical difficulties", they said. So, I went to Admissions, and the nice lady there sent me upstairs to the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences. She was very nice, but told me that transfer students (me) are only allowed 12 credits their first semester. Phooey! She pulled out my file, and immediately changed her tune - "Oh, you went to Penn State..... and you have a 4.0? Well... I don't think it will be a problem to add a few more credits. What did you have in mind?" Hooray! So I asked about the two classed I'd had my eye on, Intro to Ecology and Problems of the Environment. Ecology was already closed, but I got into the P. of Environment class with no problems. I'm so excited! So now I have 15 credits, a nice full course load. Which means...... I have to go buy more books. Ugh. I went back to the bookstore after my visit with the Dean yesterday, but by that time the line in the bookstore was over an hour wait. So I resolved to go back today, and this time I'm going to walk around and find my buildings. I was looking at a map yesterday and I have the sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have to perform superhuman feats to make it from one end of the campus to the other in less than 15 minutes......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...