Friday, June 19, 2009

Bon voyage!

Phew. OK. So, things have been INSANE around here for the past week or so. Sabrina left for Australia on Sunday... I haven't talked to her since she arrived, but my mom reported to me that Sabrina has already dived at the Great Barrier Reef, held a koala, fed some kangaroos, and danced onstage with some Aboriginees. And she's only been gone for 5 days. Sheesh. :D
I've been helping Teddy out on campus, organizing and displaying rock/mineral/fossil samples. Not my specialty, but still pretty cool. They've been in storage for the past 20 years in the rock lab, and hardly any of them are labeled, so Teddy (and I) definitely have our work cut out for us!
Tomorrow, we're getting up bright and early to leave for Norfolk to go to my family reunion. That's always fun; plus its extra-special because tomorrow is Teddy's 24th birthday. I already gave him his birthday present (I just couldn't wait), but my mom is going to pick up a cake, and we'll have a little celebration at the reunion. Then, on Sunday, we're leaving Norfolk and driving about 2 hours north to Wallops Island to start our Coastal Environmental Oceanography class. After about 10 days at Wallops, we'll drive down to the FL Keys and finish up class at the Keys Marine Lab. I just finished packing us up a little while ago, and I still feel like I'm forgetting things. It is so hard to conceptualize packing to be away for THREE WEEKS.
Anyway, we'll have internet through most of the trip, so I plan on posting lots of pictures and hopefully blogging here and there! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...