Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wintry.

I totally forgot about the Winter Solstice until today! I guess the 16 inches of snow that we got a few days ago are fitting, then....
This is what we woke up to Saturday morning at Justin's house:
The roads were pretty bad, but luckily Teddy has 4-wheel drive, and we just drove extra slow. It took us an extra 45 minutes to drive home from Justin's house, but it wasn't too bad. We did see where a lot of other cars had run off the road, and we even had to call 911 once to report an accident that happened right in front of us (nobody was hurt), but we just took our time and didn't go any faster than 35 mph, haha.
Teddy was in his element.
Looks like we'll definitely be having a white Christmas!
I've spent the last couple of days going back and forth between my apartment and my parents' house, packing stuff up from there, unpacking it here. I'm kind of at a stand-still now, because Teddy is out of town, and I need his Jeep to be able to bring the rest of my stuff to my parents' house. I've got a cozy little room here (it needs a little bit of redecorating, but all in good time), and I think it'll work just fine. I'm just really not looking forward to the living-without-Teddy-for-eight-months part....but nevermind that. Everything will be OK, and I'm going to concentrate on the bright side. At least I have both of my doggies again, both of whom insist on sleeping with me in this tiny twin-size bed. Haha!
Is everyone ready for Christmas? I got a few last-minute little things for Teddy today. I can't help myself; I just love giving presents. I think he's worried that he's not giving me 'enough' gifts, but I really don't care at all. I truly love giving gifts waaayyyy more than getting them. Not that I don't like getting presents, just that I don't expect to get a gift back for every gift that I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...