Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Out of the loop...


You know, I used to be really "with it" when it came to music. I used to pride myself for knowing about awesome bands before anyone else... and for NOT particularly liking music that gets played on the radio.

However, (and I think it must have a lot to do with being a busy college student) I have been soooo far removed from the music scene in the last year or two, its kind of sad. Recently, I felt like I really needed to get out of my music rut, so I listened to some satellite radio (on the TV) and thought that I 'discovered' some good new music. I also decided to try listening to the radio (limited though my selection of stations is!), and heard a few catchy songs.

Over the last week or two, I have been downloading "new" (to me, but not so much to the rest of the world, as it turns out) music like a crazy person. For example, I heard this sweet song by Ingrid Michaelson for the first time last week. I swear I had never heard of her, or that song, before in my life. I told Teddy I thought he might like it, and he laughed at me for about 10 minutes. Apparently he has had the song since, like, 2006. Oops.
And I have heard this song over and over again on the radio recently. Not really the kind of music that I normally listen to (although I think its safe to say that my tastes have become a little more eclectic recently), but it got stuck in my head nonetheless. Last night I looked up the song to find out who the artist is, and it turns out that I totally missed the boat on that one, too. That CD came out 2 1/2 years ago.

Where have I been?
Anyway, I bought Matt Nathanson's cd "Some Mad Hope" on Amazon yesterday (the mp3 download from Amazon.com is only $5!!) and its FANTASTIC. My favorite song? Wedding Dress.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...