Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Transformation

Well, I finally caved and got my hair cut yesterday!
I was trying to let it grow so I could wear it up in a ponytail this summer, but... it was looking pretty baaaad. As in, I-wouldn't-want-to-be-seen-with-me-in-public bad. So I remembered loving this chick's hair on the Hurley website, so I grabbed the image and went to the salon. 2 1/2 hours, 7 foils, and a good 3 inches of hair-on-the-ground later, I emerged a new, much less-embarassing-to-be-seen-with version of myself. ;-D

I'm pretty impressed with how similar the stylist was able to get my hair...the only real difference being the long bits in the front...my hair isn't quite that long yet, but I definitely want to get it there!
Its a rainy, gross day but I will try to get pictures of the new 'do at some point!

Even though the weather is kinda dreary here, I've still been on my own tropical island these past few days...between some awesome new music (thanks for all of the summer music suggestions - I've checked out all of your recommendations, and you guys totally nailed it!), the new Island Colada air freshener in my car, and my freshly-overhauled Spring wardrobe, I am so totally ready for spring! Even with flurries in the forecast later this week (ew), it still looks like its going to be in the 50s for the most part.
I'm cool with that. ;-)

One-half of my closet, with freshly unpacked Spring clothes -
with flouncy skirts instead of chunky sweaters!

Oh! Also... I got contacts this week! I tried wearing contacts about 10 years ago, when I was in high school. I wore them off-and-on for about 3 years, and tried every different cleanser, solution, and lens material on the market...and my eyes just never adjusted to having things stuck in them forever. Super lame-sauce. So I've been wearing glasses for-ev-errr, and maybe its silly, but I feel like I look kinda grumpy and unapproachable with glasses! Not to mention, I can't wear sunglasses (unless I want to be totally blind), which majorly stinks. So I made an appointment on Monday, had my eyes checked, and walked out with contacts in my eyeballs! So far, so good...even though it has only been a couple of days, hehe. I've kept them in for about 6 hours each day, before my eyes start getting really watery and itchy. I've got high hopes this time around!!

And just a little p.s....my cat Rosie is sitting in my lap right now helping me type...and licking my hands as I type this post. Weeeeiiiirrrd.

1 comment:

  1. That cut looks amazing! I want to see a photo of you rocking it with your new contacts! I'm so jealous of you. I used to wear contacts all the time until Aurora came along; my eyes are SO bad now it would take a miracle to get the right prescription. Maybe I'll give it another go; you give me some hope for contacts! ^_^ I hope you get to enjoy spring as much as you can!!! <3

    P.S. Thank you for your kind words about my classes. I think I did pretty well on my math test last night! Keeping my fingers crossed and pushing through!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...