Monday, June 11, 2007

Its not in the stars!

Good morning, and happy Monday, lovely readers!
I am having something of a star-crossed day.... at least, when it comes to me going to work! My alarm didn't go off this morning, which I haven't figured out yet.... I am 100% sure that I turned it on last night, and yet.... I woke up at 6:51 this morning, and I was supposed to be at work at 7:00. Not going to happen. So I called to let them know I was running late, and of course it was no big deal, since its Monday. So I was got ready for work, and walked out to my car to leave at about 7:30. Lo, and behold! There is a ditch dug behind my car! The construction crew has a 1 ft. deep ditch dug the entire length of the road until quite far past my house. I politely asked when I would be able to leave, and 2 different workers had to go "talk to the boss".... they finally came back and said "I don't know." Apparently I would have to wait until they had laid the blacktop again. How long would that take? "I don't know". So I just called the 1-800 hotline at work to report myself absent today. When I got transferred to an actual supervisor, he said "Oh, just come in when you can". Crap. So he still expects me to come in, even though I told him it could be a couple of hours. So.... a little while ago, there was a knock on the door. It was a worker, and he wanted to let me know that they had paved just behind my car, so I could get out. Curses. Just when I thought I was going to have a nice day at home! Well, I figure, work doesn't know any different, so I'm at least going to wait a while before I go in. I was really looking forward to a cleaning-day here..... why?
Oh, because Chris' mom is coming over for the first time. Ever. We have been dating for over 3 years now. Our parents live 10 minutes apart. And they only just met for the first time on Saturday. Crazy? Maybe. We weren't purposely trying to keep them apart... we just didn't try very hard to get them together. Why not? I honestly don't have any answer for that. But anyway, she is coming over this afternoon when she gets off from work (which is just a few miles from my house), to "talk about flowers and gardens with my mom". She's a very sweet lady, who loves gardening and flowers and stuff. Every time I go to her house, she shows me all of her gardens. Very beautiful. She actually gave me some hostas, spearmint, lemon balm, and ground cover for my garden just the other day. And last night she gave me a whole bunch of irises to give to my mom. I'll have to take some pictures when the sun comes out a little better later on.
So now, I have to decide - should I do the right thing and go to work for a couple of hours (I was scheduled to get off at 3 this afternoon)? Or do I just stay at home and spruce up around the house for Chris' mom? Or do I laze about and eat strawberry cheesecake?
O! The agony!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...