Monday, July 2, 2007

Just like I promised!

Bunches of pictures from my very fruitful thrifting....er, boyfriend-visiting trip to State College this weekend!


Isn't this the most perfect brooch ever?? It was my first yard-sale find on Saturday. Of course, I took out the pictures of other peoples' children, and plan on replacing them with pictures of Chris and I as children. I wore this thing all weekend.


Oh, and it was only $2 *grin*


Ok, I know this is a weird picture, but I haven't hung my beautiful goose-bust yet. This was the best I could do. Don't you just love it? I have been insanely jealous of Miss Emily's goose head forever. How lucky I was to find my own!I instantly thought of The DaVinci Code when I saw this book, so of course I just had to have it!
I bought this weird make-believe animal fabric (tons of it...probably about 5 or 6 yards), plus the pretty flower stuff and other bits of lace and trim from a really nice lady who does seamstress work at home and also at a bridal shop in State College. She was so sweet, and offered her service whenever I need help or have a question about sewing. She also has a website, So Much Sewing. Check it out here.
Oh! And I should mention - the lovely stripey yellow fabric in the background of many of these pictures? That's a beautiful skirt I got at the Goodwill for only $2!


I found this adorable little teacup at the Goodwill on our first trip (yes, we made multiple trips...and found treasures each time!) Right now its housing my new stash of Martha Stewart baker's twine.



Porcelain candleholder. ♥ Ok, now this may very well give me a heart attack. Every time I look at it, my little heart goes all a-flutter. Just look at it. 4 little plates. 1 little teacup, complete with bunny resting on handle. 4 very cute mushroom napkin-rings. This is most definitely my new Favorite Thing EVER.
I spied this little guy peeking out from behind a bunch of junk, high on the top shelf. He's really a napkin holder, but I don't need one of those, so he's helping me keep my mail organized on my desk for now.
Oh, and this may be my other New Favorite Thing!! Its handmade, and signed on the bottom. I am just in love with it. Its just a catch-all, I suppose. But look at the sweet little ladybug, and the beautiful yellow roses! Oh, I'm in love.
Oooh, and my new shoes! I've been searching high and low for a cute, comfortable pair of Mary Janes. At long last, I have found some! Simple, but stylish. And comfortable! And only $3 (and brand new) at the Goodwill. Oh, yes. And, my other new shoes! Hooray for new shoes! I think these are just fabulous. They're about a half-size too big, but I don't care. I got these at Plato's Closet, a consignment shop just up the street from Chris' apartment.
Speaking of Chris, what did he enjoy most this weekend?
He definitely enjoyed a few of these:
Which led to a bit of this:Which led to a lot of this!Crab legs at the Chinese buffet are definitely his favorite!

♥ ♥


My favorite part of the Chinese buffet?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite of allllllll your goodies are the mushroom napkin rings. Wow, what a great find!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...