Sunday, July 8, 2007

Lucky 07-07-07!

Today was (supposedly) the luckiest day of the year. Triple-sevens. That is pretty lucky! I read somewhere that today is supposed to be one of the busiest days for weddings. All day today, the tv was full of wedding shows, Bridezillas, wedding bloopers, the whole lot. People really want to get married on a lucky day, I guess..... but I think, if you have to get married on a lucky day, maybe you shouldn't be getting married in the first place!?
I didn't have much of a lucky day today.... not that it was un-lucky. Just a regular ol' day for me! My poor little dog, on the other hand - he got stung by a bee, dyed yellow (right after I gave him his dread *bath*!) by some dye my dad was using in his garage, and then almost hurt himself by attacking that mean old weed-eater! (He's not hurt, thank goodness!) Hopefully it scared him enough that he'll want to stay away from it! Poor little guy! When I got home from work at 11:30, he was just so happy to see me, and sat contentedly in my lap for almost an hour - poor little guy!
I watched The Painted Veil last night, while I was being lazy. It was very sad - sad, and beautiful. I really, really liked it. Although, I really didn't like Edward Norton's character in that movie... I usually love Mr. Norton, but there was something of a...dryness... to him. In the first half of the movie, anyway. I liked his character much more once he started to show his anger... much more passionate, and intersting. But still. It was a good movie. :)


I had scads of packages to send out today, but stupid me forgot that the post office closes early on Saturdays. So my packages have to wait another two days. *sigh* Sorry to anyone waiting for a package from me! I'm a dunder-head!

Well, I suppose I should head to bed soon. This whole working-in-the-evening thing has me all confused. I'm used to getting up early and going to bed early... now I sleep til 11 o'clock and stay up til all hours of the night! I'm a mess! At least I've got vacation to look forward to - we're taking a family vacation to Atlanta at the end of the month! I'm so very excited! I've only been through Atlanta once, and it was years ago... actually it was the year that the Olympics were held there. What was that...'96? I think so. Anyway, it was a long time ago, and it was at night, and we didn't even stop there. So needless to say, I'm super-excited. I'm most excited about going to the Aquarium... I was once a Marine Science major, so you can guess that I am most fond of aquariums! Especially very large ones which I have never been to... Also on my agenda: the Anthropologie store. There aren't any even remotely close to my neck of the woods (as I do live very much in the woods), so I'm really excited to step foot into the actual store!

Well! Now that I've gotten myself all worked up about vacation, I shall try to go to sleep. I'm not making any promises, but I will try!
Goodnight! Sweet dreams! Happy Saturdays to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...