Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I'm baaaaa-aaack.......

Well, hello! I'm finally back from my rather lengthy (and much-needed!) vacation! Its sort of a drag to be back at home, and getting into the swing of things again.... back to work, you know. At least I have school to look forward to in a few weeks!

I won't go into detail right now about my vacation.... we did so much, and had a wonderful time! Of course, my most favorite thing of all was going to the Virgin Festival in Baltimore on Aug. 4th and 5th, but that wasn't technically part of the family vacation. The rest of my family went home on Friday, and lucky me got to stay in Annapolis for the weekend with my friend Lani.
So, without further ado, a big load of pictures from the trip:

South of the Border



I found this at a souvenier shop at South of the Border, and seriously considered buying it for Chris, because....well, do I even need to tell you why? Isn't it obvious??

My family

My cousin, Batman

At the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta

Celebrating my dad's birthday at Famous Dave's Barbecue
Wayne, my sister's boyfriend, is not to be outdone

See what I mean? (Underground Atlanta)

My mom at Ride the Ducks, Stone Mountain

The carving is unimaginably huge....pictures just can't do it justice

And finally, my pictures from the concert... It was really difficult to get good pictures because we were far from the stage most of the time, and I didn't even take any pictures on day 1, but I got a couple of good ones...

North Stage, early on day 2

Lani is totally J-Lo-ing it

Regina Spektor is unbelievably adorable... I'm so jealous

Bad Brains may have been the most impressive performance of the entire festival, considering they are....what, like 60?? They seriously rocked. We were right up front for that one! Don't ask me what the blanket on his head is for, though....

And of course, my hero, Billy Corgan. *sigh*

We were right up front, along the railing, for the Pumpkins, but to the far left of the stage. It started raining just as the Pumpkins were taking the stage, so they had those huge stage lights along the edges of the stage, and anyone who was to the left or the right of the stage COULD NOT SEE THE BAND. At all. The crowd was chanting "move the lights!", and they did, very slightly, but to no avail. At least the awesome Mr. Corgan came to the front of the stage a few times to play a wicked solo or two.... besides that, we saw the whole show on the enormous screen that was directly in front of us. Despite not being able to see the actual band, it was fabulous. Completely, and utterly, fabulous.

(If you can't tell, I'm a bit of a Pumpkins fan....I rather worship them, I daresay!)

So now, its all over, back to normal day-to-day life. Bor-ing! ;) But like I said, school starts in just a few weeks, and I'm super-excited about that. So.... I'm sad to be back, but I did miss my blogling!

2 comments:

  1. oh regina and pumpkins??? how amazing. both of those artists have freaking amazing music videos too. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun at Lollapalooza too! We were at music festivals at the same time :)

    Glad you had fun!!
    love, peach

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...