Monday, August 13, 2007

Thrifting is Fun!

Ah, I've had a lovely past couple of days! I went thrifting with my parents on Saturday, at a HUGE thrift store in Westminster, MD. I think I may have had the most successful thrifting trip of this whole summer.... behold:

I found these awesome knee-high, leather, Nine West boots for FIVE DOLLARS. Yes. $5. The toes are just a bit scuffed, but that's easily remedied. I couldn't be happier with them! I also found this adorable vintage monk piggy bank. He's stamped JAPAN on the bottom, and the words on his robe say THIS IS MY BANK. THOU SHALT NOT STEAL. How cute is that? (None of the pictures I took turned out... I'll try again later!)
Oh! I almost forgot - my favorite find - this beautiful crewel cushion-cover! It matches my room so beautifully!

I also found a stash of these Dover coloring books at my local Goodwill, like the Victorian one I found at my Goodwill earlier this summer. Someone in my town must collect these or something. But how lucky!
They're in the shop now, if anyone would like to have one!
We've been on the go all weekend, it seems.... thrifting, and buying a huge-screen tv! My parents have been wanting one forever, and my dad's been doing research for months. This weekend they decided on a 55-inch Sony. Very nice!
With a big new tv, of course we had to buy a new tv-stand! So yesterday we went to Ikea and found just the perfect one! I was a little disappointed in our trip to Ikea though... The only thing I found were some decorative cardboard boxes for storage in my room. I really had my heart set on a new duvet-cover, but the only one that I really liked was out of stock in full/queen. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :(
Umm...what else? I got the new Smashing Pumpkins cd, Zeitgeist today. Its amazing, of course. Later tonight I'm going over to a friend's house to learn the ropes and re-familiarize myself with her pets because I'm house-sitting for the rest of the week, starting tomorrow, while her family is out of town. That will be sort of an adventure, I think...
And finally, tomorrow I will get to spend some time with Chris. He came home from State College on Friday, but I worked Friday night until 11:00, and he and his parents left early on Saturday to go to Philadelphia for his aunt's birthday party. Sunday was his mom's birthday, so the family drove over to Atlantic City, NJ to celebrate, and they're coming home tomorrow. I told Chris to win me some money, but I don't think he did...... ;)

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...