Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One Sick Birdie


Something dreadful happened today - I took down my bird, Wendy's, cage to feed her and clean out the cage; and I noticed that she looked a little funny... she was kind of having a hard time standing, and it seemed like she was exhausted. I picked her up without a fight, which is very unusual for her....the poor little thing is really sick! I don't know what's wrong with her, but she's really really weak, and it looks like she hadn't touched her food in a few days. I feel so terrible. I just cried all morning. So I held her and she ate out of her bowl while I was holding it. She was probably so hungry, but she was took weak to climb her little ladder to get to her food bowl! And I've been so busy, I didn't even notice! I feel like such a horrible person! I have noticed that she's been staying at the bottom of her cage lately, but I just thought it was because that's where she lays her eggs, so she was just sitting on her "nest", which she likes to do anyway. I feel like such a horrible person right now, and a really irresponsible pet owner! How could I have not noticed she was sick???


The good news is, I made a little bed for her in a shoebox, with my fleece scarf and her bowl of food and water, and she's been cozy in there for a few hours now. She still seems really weak, but I put the bowl of food right next to her, and she has been eating from it here and there. I just hope she's ok!! Poor little Wendy. I even skipped my first class today to make sure she was ok, and eating. So far so good. I think she'll be ok as long as I can keep an eye on her and make sure she's eating enough. Hopefully then she'll get her strength back. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...