Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some Yumminess to Share

Yes, "yumminess" is now a word. Because I say so.
I was starving when I got home from school today, and I really felt like pizza.... so, this is what I created!



Its a vegetarian "chicken" and mushroom pizza, with BBQ sauce - yum!

I used Morningstar Farms' "chicken tenders" meal starters (awesome!!!), 1 fresh white mushroom, and a sprinkle of mozzerella cheese.


I wish I could say I made the crust myself, but unfortunately I'm just getting into the whole cooking-thing, so its just a regular old Boboli's. But it was delish.


For the sauce, I just brushed a little bit of olive oil over the crust, and then brushed on a thin layer of bbq sauce. I don't really like a lot of sauce. Then I just put on my toppings, popped it in the oven for about 10 minutes, and voila! So good.


I've been meaning to take some pictures of my little window-ledge herb garden, but I keep forgetting! Unfortunately its already dark outside, as you can see from the picture, so I only got one decent picture out of all that I took. I got the Chia herb garden for Christmas. Its so cute! So far, so good, even though I think the window ledge is a bit drafty. But its virtally the only place in the whole house where my poor little baby plants can get some sunlight and not get demolished by cats/dogs/people/etc. So we're just biding our time until its Spring, and they can be properly planted outside in my garden.

Speaking of gardens, this came in the mail the other day...

Birds & Blooms Magazine!

For anyone who even remotely enjoys gardening, or likes birds and/or flowers, you must read this magazine!

My grandma has been a subscriber for years, apparently. Last Spring, when I decided I was going to dig a garden, Grandma started letting me borrow her B&B magazines. I literally went through about 5 years' worth over the course of the summer. And about two weeks ago, I got a copy in the mail, with a little card attached that said I was receiving a "gift subscription", paid for by my Grandma! I think she forgot she ordered that for me, as a Christmas gift! She never said anything about it at all! Or maybe its a slightly-early birthday present, since my birthday is this Sunday...hmm... I've only seen her once since I received the magazine (which is ridiculous because she lives next door to me; but we're both always on the go!), and I forgot to thank her, or to even tell her I got it! So I need to remember to do that. Because Birds & Blooms is wonderful. They are filled with the most beautiful pictures, and cute stories, and tips, and blueprints, and..... well, its just great.

**************************

In other news, I think I forgot to mention that Chris did get the job at the Hanover Evening Sun. Hooray!!!!! So far, he really likes it. Its only his second week there, but so far, so good. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this job works out really well for him. He's saying that he'd like to stay there for a few years, at least, which is A-OK with me since I have a few more years of school left.... so we'd be living close by to each other still! Its so nice having him around regularly now. I'm getting super-spoiled!!

In other-other news, I'm really excited for school tomorrow. Tomorrow is sort of a "Global Warming Day" across the nation. They're calling it Focus the Nation; and if you haven't heard about it yet, there's still time. Check out the website and see if there are any schools in your area that are participating. I know right now there are over 1700 schools across the nation (colleges and high schools) that are participating. Its the largest teach-in in the history of the US. Its an all-day symposium of lectures dealing with the global warming crisis, and all sorts of consequences that people normally don't think about, like the psychological effects on people, etc. I'm super-excited because, well, its my major. But I think its going to be really interesting too. Plus, I get extra credit for going for my Atmosphere class. Hehe.

So, yeah. Check it out. You might learn something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...