Saturday, April 26, 2008

I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!


Ok, maybe I'm not turning Japanese as my title would suggest; however, I am super-excited to announce that I have recently joined the ranks of people who own a Gocco printer! I am soooo excited! I ordered it this morning from PrintAddictJapan, and I just can't wait for it to come!

(I borrowed this picture from printaddictjapan's etsy shop)

This will be my baby! Oh, the wonders we will create! I'm already swimming with ideas about plush, prints, and maybe even some more of my mini-cards that were so popular but terribly time-consuming (as I was hand-drawing every one).

Next on my list of things to do (besides having a stress-induced heart attack or stomach ulcer before this semester is over) is to figure out how I want to create a little 'studio' or sorts. I simply don't have enough space in my bedroom for clothes, schoolwork, and art. It is physically impossible. My best idea so far is to get one of those 'sheds', like they sell at hardware stores and the such, put it beside the garage, run an extension cord from the garage to the shed (so I can piggy-back on the electricity!), and set up a workshop in there. I think it would work. I actually already have a great light fixture to hook up, and a work desk...all I need is the shed to put it in. That way I could move all of my art supplies out of my bedroom, and maybe it would feel more like a bedroom and not an entire apartment squeezed into a shoebox (which is essentially what it is)!!!

Ok, enough of my ranting and raving. I'm excited; can you tell? I need to get some sleep so I can get up early tomorrow, write a paper and 2 extra-credit assignments, and go to work. Fun, fun, fun. And then Monday starts my last week of classes....before finals. Hooray!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...