Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF!

Hooray, yesterday indeed was a beautiful day! Even though I had that icky Atmosphere exam, everything else was just fantastic.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was really good. Very sad, but good. It was especially strange for me to watch because everything that poor man went through (minus the stroke part), I watched my mom go through just 2 years ago, when she had Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS). In a matter of about 2 days, she became completely paralyzed, including her lungs. She had a tracheotomy to help her breathe, and to communicate we did exactly what the therapists in the movie did - go through the letters of the alphabet one-by-one, and she would blink when we got to the next letter in the word she was trying to spell. You can imagine how difficult it was to communicate like this. But anyway, she slowly (over a course of months), she got better and better, and today she's as good as new! Thank goodness! But back to the movie - Jean-Dominique Bauby was incredible because his only way of communicating was by blinking his 1 good eyelid, and through that method, he 'dictated' his autobiography, with the same title as the movie. After seeing the movie, I definitely want to read the book now. But anyway, it was really good.
I'm off to work for the day, 9-6. I'm sad because Chris is away at State College visiting his friends, so I'm all alone this weekend... I'm so used to having him around now, its hard to imagine that we were long-distance for about 2 years! I'm not sure I could ever do that again.
I'm super-excited for Monday, though - I'm going to Annapolis to visit Lani! Hooray! We're going to have so much fun. But then, we always do! :)
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...