Sunday, May 4, 2008

Congratulations Leilani and Matt!

My good friend from high school, Leilani, got married yesterday. It was a beautiful wedding at the Bavarian Inn in Sherpardstown, West Virginia. The Inn was beautiful, with a great view of the Potomac River; and the weather was perfect for the outdoor ceremony.


The reception, of course, was the best part. There was lots of dancing, and drinking (since the Inn is also a brewery), although I don't drink so I was the DD for my friends. We all had a blast, and it was so nice to see Leilani and to finally meet Matt. They're both stationed in Carlsbad, California so I haven't seen Leilani in a very long time. Unfortunately they both have to report back to work on Monday, so they don't even get to have a honeymoon. I think they both had a really great time at their wedding, though, so that's good.




I was stupid and forgot my camera (like I always do) at the wedding, so I don't have any action shots. Some of my friends took pictures, so I'll have to wait and steal some of theirs. I did get some pictures of the beautiful flower centerpieces though, because Leilani's parents told my friends and I to each take one home with us. Each guest also got a bottle of wine (that's right...each guest got their own bottle) with a cute custom label with Leilani and Matt on it.

Weddings are so physically and emotionally taxing to me. Its such a strange feeling to see people you've been friends with since the 10th grade get married. Its a happy feeling, but just weird somehow. I can't even explain it. I'm probably just a weirdo.

Anyway, the whole wedding was just gorgeous and I'm so happy for Leilani and Matt; and I'm happy for her parents too because I know they're so relieved its all over now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...