Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The lazy days of summer....

Ok, its not actually summer yet but its my summer vacation. So there.
Its been a lovely couple days since I finished my finals last Thursday. Of course, I worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; but I've been relaxin' since Monday. Its been very nice, indeed!
There's been some lounging...

Yesterday we had a picnic at Caledonia.

Oh, and see that box marked "equate" in the picnic basket? That's stomach-ache medicine. I woke up yesterday with a terrible stomach ache. By the time we were done with our picnic and our walks around the park, I had a fever and just wanted to sleep. I have no idea what was wrong with me. I napped for about 4 hours at Chris' house, and then we decided to go to my house for the evening. My stomach didn't hurt quite as bad, but I had gotten a migraine. What a day! By the evening, I made myself throw up once (sorry to be gross!) and instantly felt 10 times better. And then my dad started feeling sick. It was very strange. But today I'm all better.

Anyway, enough about that. Here are some pictures from our walk around Caledonia yesterday:

This was the view from our picnic table. I love the little bridge!

Make a wish!



Chris and I agreed that we haven't seen the water in the creeks this high in years. Its been raining pretty steadily for the past few days and the creeks are more like rivers now! It seems like we've consistently had droughts in recent years, so its nice to see so much water in the creeks. It looked like they were probably around 3 or 4 feet deep in the center!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...