Saturday, September 27, 2008

Its Raining.....not "cats & dogs", not "men".....

I've had quite the busy day already today! I had a Soils field trip this morning, where we did a lab called Soil Pits. It was literally in a soil pit. Oh, and it rained all night last night. Was it muddy? Oh yeah.
When I got home and stepped out of my car, there was music in the air... bluegrass music, floating on a misty breeze. I peered through the rain and mist, and just past my backyard, at a retirment center, there was a Bluegrass Festival going on! I ran upstairs to get my camera, but sadly, the festival was just ending when I got there. At least I heard that magical little bit that took a ride on the raindrops.
Since I was already in the backyard, and had my camera in hand, I went to visit my poor, neglected veggie patch. I haven't been out there once since school started 5 weeks ago! I'm so ashamed! Amazingly, I still have bunches of tomatoes that are waiting to ripen up, and a few bits of salvagable broccoli on the enormous tree that was once a modest broccoli plant. I never knew broccoli had such beautiful yellow buds!
I was also amazed to see that my broccoli "tree" was buzzing with tiny life!


The leaves are just starting to change color around here...

And this little guy was found by my mom, living in a metal dog dish on the back porch. What?! We're thinking instead of raining cats and dogs, it rained newts last night.
Isn't he adorable?? He's only about an inch and a half long! We let him go in the pond in the front yard. I wonder where he came from, and how he got into the dog bowl??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...