Monday, October 6, 2008

A Delicious Fall Treat!


I've been meaning to make some sort of pumpkin-spice cake or cookies for a few weeks now, and I finally got around to it today. It is absolutely heavenly, easy to make, and better yet, its vegan!


I didn't take step-by-step pictures because, well, I mostly made it up as I went along. So here's basically what I did.


Ingredients:


1 box of Spice Cake mix (if you're going for a vegan cake, just check the ingredients on the box. The one I used was Duncan Hines Moist-Deluxe)

1 can of pumpkin (instead of oil)

Ener-G egg replacer (equivalent of however many eggs your box of cake mix requires)

1 cup of chocolate chips (*optional; make sure they're vegan - I used Ghiradeli)



Directions:


Follow the directions on the box of cake mix, substituting Energ-G egg replacer for eggs and 1 can pumpkin (or applesauce, if you prefer it) for oil.


I stirred in 1 cup of chocolate chips for good measure (because isn't everything better with a little chocolate?).


Use baking times on the box - mine baked for about 30 minutes.

Let it cool completely before putting on icing.


The icing:


Ingredients:


1 block of silken tofu

3-4 tbsp. lemon juice (to taste)

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

a pinch of salt (to taste)


Blend all the ingredients together (using a hand mixer) until creamy. Spread over the cake once its cool.


Eat up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...