Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Tofurkey Day!

Wow. I think this has been the best Thanksgiving Day EVER! I am so thankful for everything that I have in my life. Truly. Donn came over Tuesday so we could celebrate Thanksgiving together on Wednesday (we decided we should have 'our own' holiday as our way of 'sticking it to the man', hahahaha). Since we're both vegan, we can't really eat anything that our families cook for Thanksgiving, so we decided we would go all-out and have our own vegan feast!


And boy, was it a feast! All that food was for only the two of us, haha! But it was so delicious! We bought a "Tofurkey Feast", which was absolutely amazing and out of this world. We're not entirely convinced that it isn't really truly turkey.... tasted just like the real thing! Plus it was stuffed with stuffing and wild rice...Mmm-mmm! I made garlic mashed potatoes (with soy milk and vegan sour cream) and vegan squash casserole...... man. That was probably my favorite part. I always loved my mom's squash casserole, but its definitely not vegan, so I changed the recipe a bit and voila! It turned out amazing. My mom even said she liked it better than hers! Donn loved it, which of course made me happy. We also had cranberry sauce (from a can, but still delish!) and apple-cranberry potato dumplings (which came with the Tofurkey Feast, and were awesome!). It was a great meal, with great company. Oh, and I also made my vegan pumpkin pie, which Donn also loved. He even picked up some "vegan whipped topping", which translates to vegan whipped cream. No grocery stores around here sell that stuff, so I was so excited that he brought me some! He's so lucky to have a Whole Foods in Annapolis! *jealous*

So, my family left early this morning to go to Norfolk to spend the holiday with my Nanny and my Aunt's family. I wish I could have gone, but I have to be at work at 5 a.m. tomorrow. Gotta love working retail. Bleh. And really, its a good thing I didn't go, because I have TONS of school work to do before Monday. Its not going to be pretty, but its got to be done. I'm just so looking forward to the end of the semester (2 more weeks!!!) so I'll have some days off. I'm definitely planning on hightailing it out of here and going to Annapolis for a few days! ♥

I hope everyone got to enjoy the holiday with those that they love, and had their fill of mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, and all the turkey...or tofurkey... their hearts could desire!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...