Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Victory!

(I borrowed this picture from Ashley, its the best one I've seen)

Oh, what a beautiful day! I can't even express how excited/relieved/happy/proud/overwhelmed I am by yesterday's election. What an amazing event, perhaps the most historic turning point for our nation of my generation. I couldn't be more pleased.

I wish I could have been out and about last night... I watched most of the election on tv last night (until I fell asleep right before 11:00! I missed the big announcement! I was so mad at myself!) and the excitement in the air was almost palpable. I had butterflies in my stomach all day yesterday, but they were the good, excited kind. The fact that I had like 4 cups of coffee throughout the day yesterday may or may not have contributed to thoes butterflies....

This week is turning out to be really great so far - this past Sunday I went to a concert with Lani and her bro Don... awesome, as always. I baked a vegan pineapple upsidedown cake for Don, which was a big hit, yay.

A few of my classes have been cancelled this week for no reason at all, except to sort-of give us students some free time to vote/celebrate the outcome of the election, which is nice. I only have 1 class today, and the only reason I have to go is to hand in a paper....and then we're allowed to leave. Kind of sucks that I have to drive 1/2 hour to hand in a paper, but...maybe I'll get some Starbucks before I go home. hehe.

I also have a few projects up my sleeve right now. They're actually going to be Christmas presents, so I unfortunately can't share them right now, but I might give a few little sneak peeks soon....

Ok, I'm really hungry and I'm starting to ramble, so I think that's it for now. Have super-lovely days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...