Monday, December 14, 2009

It's cooooold in Colorado!

We had a wonderful time visiting Teddy's mom, aunt, and aunt's family in Colorado over the weekend. It was coooooold! Eight degrees is cold enough, but the day before we arrived, it was -20 degrees!! Can you believe that?!
Teddy's mom scraped the windshield for us...
I think my favorite part of the whole trip was driving into Big Thompson Canyon and seeing all of the awesome geologic forms. We don't have this stuff on the East coast!
We drove into Estes Park and did some Christmas shopping. We ate at the most amazing authentic Nepalese restaurant; it was so good!

On Saturday, Teddy's Aunt Nancy graduated from college. That was the real reason for our little visit. Nancy turned 50 last week (but doesn't look a day over 35), had her 3oth wedding anniversary, and earned her Bachelor's Degree! Yay, Nancy! Anyway, we went to her graduation Saturday afternoon, and then went to a massive party at her house to celebrate.

We flew back home yesterday. Denver Airport is so strange looking....the 'teepees' are actually made of canvas, and I've heard that they actually collapsed a few years ago from snow weight!

The flight home was beautiful.

You can see the rest of the pictures from our trip here.
Now today marks the first day of Finals Week, bleh. I'm supposed to be studying for an Ichthyology final, but I need a little time in the a.m. to get my head together, especially after a long day of travelling yesterday.
I just can't wait to get through the next couple of days. I'm really not stressing at all about finals. I'm done by Wednesday, and all of my exams should be pretty easy, really. I just can't wait for this weekend. Friday, we're going to Teddy's best friend's house for a big get-together. Its pretty much the last time that Teddy and all of his college buddies can get together before Teddy moves to Texas, and some of the other friends are moving away soon too. I'm excited because it will be the first time I've met most of them, so it will be good to finally put faces to all of the names.
Saturday, we're coming home from Justin's and going straight to my parents' house so my dad and Teddy can do some work on Teddy's car, and my mom and I can wrap some Christmas presents. I kind of want to start moving a few things into the room I'll be staying in for the next few months, too. So much to do in so little time! We pick up the U-Haul in exactly 2 weeks from today! Yikes!!
I suppose I should get a move on things and start studying for my 3:30 Ichy final, since I haven't studied AT ALL yet......wish me luck! Best of luck to anyone else who has finals this week or next!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...