Monday, April 26, 2010

Good-ta-Go!


So, yesterday I went to my friend Pat's house to work on our (last!!!) GIS lab. We finished off 2 pots of coffee and spent SIX HOURS working on it. And its still not 100% done; I still have to do the write-up! But its not due until Wednesday, so that's fine.

Anyway, after we finished our lab, I headed over to meet my other friend Mary and a few of her friends at this new place in town called Good-ta-Go. Mary had told me about it a few days ago, and I was sooo stoked to go. Its basically like a cafe, except with BEER. Yeah. They have wifi, and food, and BEER.

I was wondering how I had never heard of this place before, and it turns out they literally just opened last week. They haven't even had their official "grand opening" yet. Let me tell you, I'm not really much of a beer drinker, but this place is AWESOME. Not to dis the small towns around here, but its almost too cool for this area. But maybe this is a sign that the area is evolving (good!).

The atmosphere is really relaxed...it is NOT a bar. Its very casual, with big windows and cheery decor - really very much like a cafe. They have food items (not much for vegans, but I did get chips and salsa) and about 10 beers on tap. If its your first time in, you get a free beer on tap! Very cool. Then, the rest of the place is filled with single-bottles of just about every variety of beer you can imagine. They also have a section of wine coolers, Mike's Hard Lemonade, and the such. Anyway, I had a free Yuengling on tap (good!), and then I picked a bottle of Dogfish Head "Aprihop" apricot beer. It didn't taste much like apricots, but it was good! The prices were really good, too, which makes it easy for someone like me (who is by no means a beer connoisseur) to experiment and try different things. It was really fun! They also sell mix-and-match "create your own" 6-packs, so that's really cool! I definitely want to do that sometime.

You can read a newspaper article about Good-ta-Go here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...