Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Ins-and-Outs of the Vegan Beauty Regime.


On Thursday, I was talking to some friends about how difficult it can be (especially in the area where I live) to find vegan-friendly beauty products. Things as simple as, like, deoderant or facial moisturizer. Luckily, I have been able to find those things, but when it comes to facial cleansers, acne medication, etc. I have really had a hard time in the past.

So, I have compiled a list of the products that I use, all of which are cruelty-free.

Shower time:
- E-sen-cia by Samy "white lotus, barley & nettle" shampoo & conditioner
- Alba Passion Fruit bodywash
- Desert Essence "Throroughly Clean Face Wash"

Beauty time:
- Tom's of Maine Apricot deoderant (this is the BEST deoderant I have ever used, ever.)
- Alba hibiscus facial toner
- Alba papaya-mango body butter
- Sonia Kashuk mineral concealer
- Sonia Kashuk SPF15 tinted moisturizer
- Sonia Kashuk powder blush
- Wet 'n Wild eyebrow pencil
- Clinique Touch-Tint for Eyes (Nude Sparkle)
- Clinique eyeliner
- Clinique lash-doubling mascara

In my purse:
- Grounded in Nature Tangerine lip balm (new favorite!!!)
- Victorias Secret "Love Rocks" body mist
- Bath & Body Works "Sea Island Cotton" hand lotion OR
- Burt's Bees lotion

So, that's about it. Seeing it in writing, it looks like I spend a ton of time in front of a mirror, doesn't it? Haha! I really don't. Most of my time is spent at the store scanning the fine-print on the backs of bottles to make sure they're cruelty-free! There is, however, a faster/easier way - CaringConsumer.com has .pdfs that list companies that DO and companies that DON'T test their products on animals. Very cool!

And, the Burt's Bees company just came out with an all-natural toothpaste! Awesome! Go to their website to print out a $1 off coupon! I already got mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...