Saturday, May 22, 2010

Holy guacamole

Mmmm, I made some homemade guacamole for the first time today! I'm house/pet-sitting for my advisor this weekend; they told me to eat up the fresh fruit that was left on the counter so it wouldn't go bad, and luckily there were a few really ripe avocadoes. I looked up some easy guacamole recipes, and whipped up a fresh batch this morning. It is absolutely delicious, if I may say so myself!
Here's the recipe. I didn't measure anything, so everything is "to taste".

2 avocadoes
About 1/4 cup of salsa
A dash of chili powder
A dash of garlic powder
A little cumin

Mash up the avocadoes with a form, stir in everything else, and refrigerate! Voila! Delicious guacamole!

Avocadoes are at the top of my list of favorite foods, and so is guacamole, by extension. Mmm!
Not sure what my plans for the rest of the day are...its kind of a cloudy, ugly day so I think my plans for sitting out on the deck and reading some articles for school have been foiled. I was thinking about going over to the Amish discount grocery store - they always have great deals!! Maybe in a little while... I already watched a movie this morning, called Rory O'Shea Was Here (or Inside I'm Dancing, according to IMDB..??). Good movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...