Monday, May 17, 2010

Lately

We went to the Waco Zoo on my last day in Texas. It was really fun, and I got to snap some cool pictures.
***

I did a lot of shopping this weekend. I needed to get some field-appropriate clothing for my Field Techniques course I'm starting tomorrow. And, uh, I'm sort-of a "field scientist" - how have I managed to not have field clothes until now? I have no idea!

Anyway, being 5'2" and 113 lbs. apparently makes me child-sized. Womens' sizes DO NOT FIT...not even Petites!! So I figured out that I wear kids' size 14/16, and was able to get some really great stuff for CHEAP! Kids' clothes are much cheaper than adult clothes, as luck would have it! My dad and I went to the outlets yesterday. I wanted some lightweight, sun-blocking shirts. The womens' shirts were $30 (on sale!!) and the size XS was absolutely enormous on me! So I looked in the little boys' section, and found the exact same shirts (except with snaps instead of buttons up the front, haha!) for $15, and they fit me!! I ended up buying boys' size Small!! Haha! But I got 2 shirts for the price of one womens' shirt, so that was cool!

I found some great rip-stop pants (with zip-off legs, too) at L.L. Bean.... little kids' sizes, again! But they were only $25 and $18!! Not bad! And I actually really like the one pair...they're grey plaid, and pretty freaking cool. Hahaha. So I will be dressed in head-to-toe kids' clothing for the next 3 weeks. Awesome.
My pants are like that, except grey, and they don't have cargo pockets.

I also got some awesome glittery nail polish!! I painted my nails gold today... the day before Field Techniques starts, hahaha.

***
And, finally, I have spent the past few evenings searching through online journal databases for any and all articles about mangroves, seagrasses, and coral reefs and their roles in wave attenuation.
Workin', workin', workin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...