Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Challenge!! Be a FRIEND.

T.G.I.F.!
(Actually, what day of the week it is makes absolutely no difference to me - no school, no job, so why does it matter? I don't know - Friday is still the best!)

Anyway, since I like Friday so much, and since I had to come up with a 'theme' for Fridays... I decided Fridays would be a good day for a little challenge...and (dun dunn DUN) a GIVEAWAY!!

Today's challenge is fairly simple. It all started because of a dream I had last night, in which I was hanging out with an old friend whom I haven't talked to in a long, long (too long!) time. So first thing this morning, I sent an email to say hello. Pure and simple. I just felt like it was something I needed to do.


I challenge you to:
BE A FRIEND
Reconnect with someone you haven't spoken to in a while, take your best friend out for a coffee, tell your mom that SHE is your best friend, or make a new friend at the grocery store today.
BE. A. FRIEND.


Write a comment and tell me how YOU were a friend today. You have until 12:00 midnight (EST) tonight, then comments close. Tomorrow morning, I'll use the random number generator to choose one lucky commenter to win a little surprise!


all images via WeHeartIt

5 comments:

  1. You reminded me that I have not called a dear friend in the past two weeks. Her husband died almost two years ago, and it's still hard for her.

    So I called and invited her to lunch! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wrote on my friend's facebook wall who i haven't talked to in years. maybe tomorrow i will call her!

    missbanana(at)dwx(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I was a friend to my boyfriend...I ran errands for him because he has alot on his plate and is going away for a week. He didn't want to burden me but I gladly accepted his errands cause I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bumped into a high school friend the other day and we arranged to hang out today. At around midnight she texted to say she'd have the overnight shift at work... so I told her that hey, she'd need her sleep, so we'd hang out another time, even though we hadn't hung out in a year or so and I really wanted to talk with her for a bit. (she ended up waking at around 7 pm)

    ReplyDelete
  5. today i took my heartbroken best friend on a "date" and we got some ice creams and talked a lot. she broke up with her boyfriend a few days ago. she smiled today. i think it cheered her up :). thank u for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...