Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And the thrifting gods looked down and smiled.

I went errand-running with my mom this morning. While we were on our way to the Goodwill just to drop off a bag of things, we decided to stop at a little junk shop that never seems to be open. We had stopped last Saturday and they were closed... they apparently have very strange hours. Anyway, we saw that it was actually open as we were driving by, so we turned around and went back to check it out.

And holy crap, I'm so glad we did.
There was a big sign on the door that said "For the month of July, everything 50% off". Well, it is August now, but as soon as we walked in the cute little old woman working there said that she had forgotten to take the sign down, so the sale was still on - it was our lucky day!

Here's my loot (for a grand total of just $8.83):

All of these post earrings were just $1.00! I especially love the little sailboats, the hearts, the oranges, and the little green diamonds - those remind me of 'ear sticks' - does anyone else remember those little stickers you could put on your ears???

This awesome drawstring purse was like $2.50. I'm kind of surprised that I liked this, but for some reason it just grabbed me. I'm thinking it will be perfect for the Rennaissance Faire later this month (yes, I'm a nerd like that).

Oh, and when I got home I found these inside of the drawstring purse! A pair of black lace gloves and a crocheted collar! I felt kind of bad that I hadn't even checked inside in the store, but neither did the woman. Oh well.

Then there's this gorgeous vintage silk blouse. This thing is delicate. It was only $1.00.



And this awesome old hand-tooled leather wallet from Mexico. It looks really old, but it has obviously never been used. The inside looks like it has never been touched; it even has a little mirror in it! $1.00!!

You can't really see it very well in this picture, but I found a beautiful silk scarf with butterflies on it....but one of the kittens decided she'd make a bed out of it. And the bright pink flowery thing behind her is a freakin' sweet 80's dress I got at the Goodwill.

Can you believe that? This place is a serious vintage heaven. They're only open 3 days a week, but I definitely plan on making regular trips there!! I can't believe its been there all this time and I've never been inside!!!

Now I'm off to go check out and hopefully come home with a bicycle! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! And yes those little earring stickers...I swear I still have some. I also see them at the dollar tree sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...