Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Loot- Part I

One of our family holiday traditions is to open gifts from each other (as opposed to Santa) and extended family - aunts, uncles, grandparents - on Christmas Eve. I think I enjoy Christmas Eve even more than Christmas morning.... I love watching my family open their gifts! This year was especially special.

I mentioned an Etsy purchase a while back that was intended for a family member who occasionally peeks in on this space. Well, now that the gift has been given, I can finally share. :)

Ta-da!

Back story: I bought the coin as a pendant as a Father's Day gift for my dad 6 years ago. It is a reproduction coin from the treasure ship Atocha...it was minted from the actual silver that was recovered from the wreck. My dad loves Mel Fisher and the story of the Atocha, so I knew he would love to have a piece of that history. Only problem is, he doesn't wear necklaces, so the coin has been hanging on a little shelf in our kitchen for 6 years now. He has mentioned in the past that he would love to have it made into a ring, so...... enter Champlain Jewelry!

Pat is so, so talented! I cannot express how happy I am, and how happy my dad is, with the awesome craftsmanship of this ring! Dad has been wearing it non-stop, and we keep catching him staring at it. :)
Its really well-made and sturdy...I know this ring will last a lifetime and become a family heirloom. Pat was super easy to work with, and the turn-around time was fanastic - especially considering that it was right before the holidays! I highly, highly recommend stoping by his shop and taking a peek - and if you don't see exactly what you're looking for, rest assured that Pat can surely create it for you! :)

*******

Now, I'm off to my friend Lauren's house to exchange gifts (drag out the holidays as long as possible! ;) and maybe eat a little grub. Back with more post-holidays posts later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...