Thursday, December 23, 2010

Favorite Holiday Reads

Hello! I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve.... crazy! This whole month has just been insane, and I feel like I can't catch up! Haha. Anyway, I was really in the Christmas-mood about a week or two ago, and then it was Finals week and.... I sort-of lost track of time. Plus, with the stress of being car-less.... I've been having a hard time getting back in the Christmas spirit.

So today, I dug-out our box of old Christmas books. I haven't sat down and actually read some of these in years, so it was really fun to take the time to look through them all again. They bring back really sweet memories of my mama reading them to me, and now, as an adult, I have a new appreciation for the classic artwork and simple storytelling.

Here are some of my very most favorite Christmas books:
♥ ♥ ♥

P.S. Click on any of the pictures to enlarge. :)













*The original! I remember my parents taking me to Montgomery Wards when I was 7 or 8 to get this book...its a repro-print of the 1939 original, and it has fabulous artwork*


(of course!)



*Sweetest story ever...and beautiful illustrations! This book reminds me of my sweet little Chase*



(Can anyone explain to me why this book costs over $460 on Amazon?????
Do I own a rare gem of a book??)




Sorry for the pic-heavy post! I tried inserting a jump, but it didn't seem to be working.... :-/

I'll be house-sitting for my advisor starting this evening.... so I need to get packed-up soon. I can't wait for tomorrow! Christmas Eve is quite possibly my favorite part of the whole holiday season...baking sugar cookies, watching my favorite Christmas movies, and opening gifts from family...

1 comment:

  1. I had that frosty, with the somewhat creepy frosty the snowman. I love it!

    That ties with the Grinch for my favorites. I love Dr. Suess' style!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...