Yesterday, I explained how I've been having a hard time adjusting to a new life-schedule. I'll re-cap, in case you missed it and don't feel like suffering through my ramblings. ;-) I just started grad school, so my entire day is organized differently than what I'm used to. Its not so much school that's an issue - I'm great at school, and I love it - its more the me-time that's an issue. My sleep schedule is all wonky, and my procrastination is at an all-time high. So I came up with some simple ways to get myself out of my little rut, which include making little lists of daily goals, rewarding yourself with little goodies, and taking time to appreciate the little things.
I'm pleased to say that yesterday was a total success! I stuck to my tiny post-it list of things that I wanted to accomplish, and it felt so good to cross those three little things off! After I made that post yesterday, I got ready and went straight to campus...churned out my GIS lab like a champ...babysat...and still had plenty of time to get to the gym before my night class! I walked on the treadmill for 1/2 hour (1.5 miles) and watched Sex and the City....and the mens' lacrosse team running drills (I think it was lacrosse - they weren't using any equipment, just running drills, so it was hard to tell for sure) Hehe ;-)
Wow, look at me rambling again...anyway....let's bring it back to my original subject: the New Year (see, it all ties together here...eventually) - on 1/1/11 I made myself a list of goals that I want to accomplish this year. I wanted to revisit them and give myself a little progress report!
1. Go to at least 1 concert - not yet, but the year is still young ;)
2. Make some new friends - yes! I've met lots of new people in my grad classes, and its nice to be around people my own age (I was always older than the undergrads) with similar interests!
3. Go on a first date - not yet, but...maybe soon? Hmmm.... ;-)
4. Read at least 3 books - I'm blowing this one out of the water! I've read 2 books so far this year...that's 2 more than I read in all of last year!
I started this one over the summer,
but never finished it - its next on my list!
5. Go camping - hopefully when its warmer!
6. Exercise regularly - well, yesterday was my first trip to the gym, and I'm planning on going again today... I'm definitely hoping to make this a habit!
7. Be more consistent with my Etsy shop - slowly but surely! I'm excited to have several new product ideas, including the handmade stationery I introduced recently! One of my goals for this weekend is to get some more made and stocked, so check back soon!
8. Keep the Beast washed and waxed - I've been going through the carwash just about every other week. Go, me!
9. Spend more time with my family - its hard with all of our school/work schedules, but I have been making an effort to spend more time at least with my dad, even if its just watching a movie every once in a while. :)
I'm pretty pleased at my progress so far!
Kinda makes me feel like I should add some more goals to my list, huh? :-D
What are some of your goals for this year?
How are you doing so far??