Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A teeny-tiny DIY

Good morning!
I have a super-quick little DIY project for you this morning! I didn't take any "in-progress" pictures because, well, its seriously that easy... haha!


All you need is:
- an empty Pringles can (I used one of the mini-sized one, but a big one would work too!)
- 1 sheet of 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper in a pretty design (I used faux bois)
- embellishments - pretty ribbon, tape, stickers....whatever!
- a hot glue gun (I'm all about hot glue...quick 'n dirty!)

First, figure out how much of the scrapbook paper you'll need to cover the can. I just used a ruler and measured the height of the can (minus the lid) and cut a strip that wide. Then I just rolled it onto the can and marked where to cut with a pencil. Easy!

Glue it on, and you're ready to decorate! I used a strip of clear paper with a lacy design... but you could use just about anything! Stick on some ribbon, buttons, stickers...go crazy! Voila! You've got a cute little container to store little things...like Instax photos! Plus, its green - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!

Funny story: I've had this Pringles can for, like, 6 weeks... I bought the chips for a snack when I went rock-hunting with my friend Pat a while back, and then I used the container to store some of the fossils I found. So its been sitting in my room, filled with rocks. I'm such a nerd :-D

6 comments:

  1. I love your idea, I'm all about recycling..and making something beautiful is always a bonus.

    http://queennmyownmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I am always looking for pretty ways to package cookies and such as a gift, and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it. this is definitely my kind of craft haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! A pringles can! So creative! I am a new follower, and I am supporting Etsy Blog team!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...