Friday, July 15, 2011

My trip to Florida, in Instagrams - Day 1

Hello! I'm [regretfully!] back at the MSC after our trip to Florida! I don't remember if I mentioned why I was going, but in short - I took this class with my advisor in 2009, and he teaches it every summer so I told him I wanted to come along. He said I could just help out by driving one of the vans (we took 2) down and get to go for free. So I did. And it was amaaaaazing. We were gone for a total of 9 days and I have about a gazillion pictures to share...so here is day 1!



I left my house in south-central Pennsylvania on July 5th around lunchtime...I stopped in Annapolis on my way to the Marine Science Consortium in Chincoteague, VA to have lunch with my best friend, since I won't get to see her again until at least mid-August!


Annapolis Bay Bridge 

We left Chincoteague at 5:00 a.m. on July 6th. I drove a rented minivan with 3 students and all of our gear/luggage, and Dr. C drove the 15-passenger van with the rest of the class.This is what I saw for the next 17 hours:



First palm tree sighting: Savannah, GA! :)



Twelve hours after we left, I decided I was tired of driving and switched with one of the students. 


We stopped for dinner in St. Augustine, FL 



After dinner we drove another 1/2 hour to Daytona to stay the night.
I hit the pillow and was fast asleep.


...to be continued...

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...