Sunday, July 17, 2011

My trip to Florida, in Instagrams - Day 3

July 8, 2011

We went to the Florida Keys Hurricane Monument to check out the fossil-coral limestone blocks (from the Key Largo Limestone Formation, for any geology nerds who might read this).




I love these shoes. Coincidentally, I lost them a few days after this picture was taken. :-/ 
I will be ordering a new pair.



Here's "class" -  







After we left the Hurricane Monument, we drove a few miles north to the Windley Key Fossil Reef Geological State Park, which is the old quarry where the stones for the monument were extracted. Its a pretty cool place to visit, if you ever get the chance!








...to be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...