Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Fall!


Happy 1st day of Autumn, everyone!
 
This morning I made [vegan] cinnamon buns and pumpkin lattes for breakfast. OMG they were soooooo good. Every bite that Matt took, he said, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!"
Definitely some nom-nom-nom action there.
 
Yesterday we went to the farmer's market first thing in the morning, and then we had breakfast at the Friendly Toast. Oh man, that place is ah-maaaaa-zing. I think "eclectic" is the best way to describe it... its super quirky and kitschy and fun! And the food? Huuuuge portions, and suuuper delicious! And the best part is that just about anything can be ordered vegan!!
 
I had "the Guy", (veganized: tofu scrambled with avocado, black beans, and salsa), a side of homefries, and a bagel with tahini. Oh man. Sooooo good.
 
 
Matt had "the Sklarmageddon" - an omelette with 3 kinds of meat (ham, bacon, sausage), cayenne-roasted cashews, several kinds of cheese, and maple sour cream on top. Also with homefries, and the biggest slice of toast I've ever seen. They make their bread in-house, and it was like over an inch thick, and a good 7 or 8 inches wide. Enormous.

 
Poor Matt has had a headcold the past couple of days. The other day, he was napping on the couch and Chase thought his head was a convenient footrest. Cuuuute.


 
I've been cooking up a storm lately, too. I made pot pies for dinner the other night - tofu for me, and chicken for Matt. They turned out soooooo good. I will have to share the recipe... maybe I will post it after this.

 
Matt was working last night, so I just had dinner for one. I had a couple of avocados that were getting a little ripe, so I made a quick batch of pesto, and I sauteed up some mushrooms, kale and garlic on the side.

 
I made Indonesian Peanut Sate a few nights ago... not too unlike the Noodles & Co version! Well...except for the fact that I used fettuccini instead of rice noodles...hehe.

 
We're still trying out different beers... right now we've got a variety case of Long Trail and a variety case of Ipswich Ale. I like the Long Trail Harvest Ale and the Ipswich Oatmeal Stout.
Mmmm - mmmm!

 
It has been a little chilly, and the dogs have been ultra cuddly.


 
And finally, here is a picture from our little jaunt up the coast last week.
Happy Fall (and Sunday)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...