Saturday, January 12, 2013

Borrowed Books - A trip to the library, and my reading list

 
 
Today was a dreary, grey day. Matt had to work all day, so I decided to go downtown and do a little exploring. I had not yet ventured into the city library (why!? I have no idea), so today was a perfect day to do so.
 
As it turns out, the Portsmouth Library is amazing. They have an excellent selection of books, including my entire Amazon wishlist (!!!), and best of all, getting a library card was free. Oh yeah. I didn't want to be greedy, so I only checked out 3 books and 1 DVD. Matt hasn't seen my favorite movie yet, so I was super excited to find the DVD at the library. They also have a great selection of audiobooks that you can download right from the website. How awesome is that?
 
You can see what I borrowed in the picture above: The Life Aquatic (DVD), The Sexy Vegan Cookbook, New Hampshire Curiosities, and The Light Between Oceans. I'm going to start The Light Between Oceans as soon as this blog post is published....literally.
 
After I got home from the library this afternoon, I logged onto the website and made a "To Read" list. Here are all of the books I plan on borrowing in the near future:
 
1. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
2. The Round House - Louise Erdrich
3. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook - Deb Perelman
4. The Age of Miracles: A Novel - Karen Thompson Walker
5. The Night Circus: A Novel - Erin Morgenstern
6. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
7. Ghosts of Portsmouth, New Hampshire - Renee Mallett
8. Haunted Portsmouth - Roxie Zwicker
9. The Family Fang: A Novel - Kevin Wilson
10. The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin
11. Nature Walks Along the Seacoast - Julia Older
12. An Invisible Thread - Laura Schroff
13. Blog, Inc. - Joy Deangdeelert Cho
14. Super Natural Cooking - Heidi Swanson
15. Forks Over Knives - (no author)
16. The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia - Rebecca Wood
17. The Dog Stars - Peter Heller
18. Beautiful Ruins: A Novel - Jess Walter
19. The Orchardist: A Novel - Amanda Coplin
20. Tell the Wolves I'm Home: A Novel - Carol Rifka Brunt
21. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Frye: A Novel - Rachel Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...