Thursday, May 17, 2007

Project-Thursday, and pictures as I promised!

I finally made Lauren's wedding present!
She requested a "special" box (you know, to keep "special" underwear, etc. in for "special" nights? *wink wink*). Nothing too obvious, as it will sit on the nightstand. Well, here it is. I love how it turned out (if I may say so myself)! It took a couple of hours to put it all together...probably about 3. But the end is worth the means! My fingers are absolutely stuck together with hot-glue hairs, and its probably all over my carpet, but the box. is. done. !!!

This picture shows the damask a little better, but the coloring is most similar to the first picture. I turned the flash on for this one so you could see it!


This is a paper doily I glued to the top! I just loved the design, and it matched my fabric, so I had to glue it on there!

I had originally planned on using some crystal brads to hold the doily on to the top, but I decided against it - mostly because I recently acquired an acute fear of poking holes in things with scissors, since I nearly sliced my own finger off a few weeks ago. (PS - I've got most of the feeling back in that finger now. Finally.)

I'm planning on a few other things to go along with the pretty box: a feather tickler (like the one I made before, except all-black), a book called Hostels U.S.A. (got it yesterday at Borders; Lauren and Mike are camping/hiking/roadtrip/hostel nuts), I might attempt making a drawstring bag to keep naughty things in from the same fabric as the box, and I want to buy her a pair of panties from Victoria's Secret that say "Bride" or "Just Married" on them. Or something silly like that.

***
Ok, Lauren just called and wants me to come play with kittens.
How can I say no to that?

I will return later and post lots and lots of fun pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...