Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Blinding white light


I awoke to a blinding bright light yesterday - it snowed! All day long, it snowed, and iced,
and sleeted....
This is what the view out my bedroom window looks like.


My first and last classes were cancelled yesterday, so naturally I just didn't even bother going to my middle class. The roads were pretty ice anyway, so it was a nice little break. The day felt strange somehow, though, so I didn't really do anything productive - took a few pictures, fixed up a few drawings, watched a movie...oh! And I re-taught myself this:


The yarn is some that I borrowed from my youngest sister... I'm just practicing stitches at the moment, but as soon as I can get to the store, I plan on getting some larger-gauge needles and some pretty yarn. I need to learn how to knit (and crochet, for that matter) in the round, too.... I think once I do that, I'll be all about berets, a la Ysolda!
******
School is cancelled today. Its very rare that my university shuts down, but they announced their closure at 9:30 this morning. So it looks like I'll have the whole day to practice stitches! And maybe do a bit of studying, since I have 2 exams tomorrow....but probably I'll be knitting most of the day. ;)
Hooray! for snow days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...