Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ratzin'-fratzin'-rick-rackin'.....grumble-grumble-grumble!

How do you like that title? Ugh. I decided today (ok, a long time ago, but it was sealed today) that I HATE Economics. Really. My poor little brain just. doesn't. get. it.
I've never been great at math. I was ok in high school.... I got all the way up to Advanced Trigonometry. But I only got a C in Trig (and I partially blame the teacher, who made me soo nervous - he actually called me stupid and made me cry one time in class because I didn't understand a problem in class! But that's another story). But still. I managed to get mostly A's and B's in all of my other math classes. I took College Algebra at PSU and got an A+ in the class, so I was proud of that. I'm good at memorizing formulas and plugging in numbers...I can do that. But word problems and stuff? No. Nada. Can't do it. My brain just doesn't work that way somehow. So this Econ class has been fine, only boring, so far. No math. Except for it seems the whole exam that I will have today at 5:00 is math problems. And sure, its a plug-and-chug formula kind of deal, but these are INTENSE problems! I have read all of the chapters and my notes TWICE already today. And I've taken 3 online practice-quizzes. And failed them all. What is this?? I'm just not getting it. I don't know what it is.
I'm not going to lie; I'm a great student. I've made the Dean's List every semester that I've been in college (3 so far). I'm quite proud of my academic achievement. But this stupid Econ class is killing me. I got a high B on the first econ exam. That's alright, right? I'm definitely not expecting a similar grade on this exam. Its just so frustrating because I feel like there's nothing I can do to increase my chances of getting a better grade - I've gotten to the point in studying now that I can't even stare at the Econ book anymore. I've been studying for hours. And I haven't learned anything yet. So its just really upsetting. I mean, in the worst case scenario, and I fail the exam, I'm sure I can still at least PASS the class. I'd much rather get a DECENT grade, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Its not like I didn't try.
Anyway, enough of that. I'm boring myself.
On the bright side - its SPRIIIIIING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...