Saturday, April 5, 2008

Silly, silly me and some Pictures

Today is going to be a great day. I woke up at 5:30 this morning to write my Ethics paper that's due Monday. I finished it and got ready for work, which I thought I was supposed to go to at 10:30. I got dressed and drove to work (about 15 minutes) and proceeded to try to clock in. Only the clock told me I was 'too early'. What!? So I double-checked the schedule and realized that I had mixed-up today and tomorrows' schedules. Sheesh. Tomorrow I work 10:30-7:30. Today I work 3-11. I had it backwards. Great. So that kind of foiled my plans with Chris for this weekend. We were going to go to our favorite local ice cream joint, Twin Kiss, tonight when I got off work; and then have all morning to spend tomorrow until I had to go to work at 3:00. Now I won't get to see him tonight, but we can go to Twin Kiss tomorrow when I get off work at 7:30; and we can hang out Monday morning until I have to leave for class around 1:00. So that's not too bad, I guess. Still. It makes me mad when I do stupid things like that!

At least I got my paper out of the way. That's a big relief. And I wasn't too upset that I had to come home for a few hours today... this way I have time to do some laundry (which has just been piling up to my ceiling!), and I vacuumed my floors, and did some general spritzing-up. Phew. I've been meaning to do that for weeks now, really!

So anyway, on to the pictures! The weather has been more and more Spring-like lately; and I finally got around to getting all of the dead leaves out of my garden the other day.
Here's my lavendar, which I was tickled to discover has turned almost into a bush!

When I pulled away piles of leaves, I was shocked to see that I had all sorts of little greenies growing! I thought I'd probably already killed my garden since a) I never had much of a green thumb, b) I planted my garden last summer as an experiment, and c) there were so many leaves in there, I didn't see how anything could live under there without sunlight, but.....

And some old friends were there, waiting patiently for me to clear out the leaves
and let in the sunshine.
I also moved my little Chia herb garden into bigger pots and out onto the porch. The weather is still a little unpredictable, so they've been migratory plants, from the front porch to the kitchen table every now and then. I hope this gives them a little boost, though...they've been a little stunted I think!
The four tiny pots on the right are strawberry seeds I planted the other day.... I hope those grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...