Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another walk in the woods...

I just realized today how much time Chris and I actually spend in the woods. We both just love it.
Today we went to Renfrew.
Chris laughs at me for being a tree-hugger, but here's proof that he's one too!


There's an old stone wall that runs along what used to be the farmstead.



There were wildflowers blooming everywhere, and birds singing, and little chipmunks and squirrels hopping through the brush....it was beautiful! It was also very muddy and wet, since we've had rain for the past week straight. Yesterday and today were beautiful days, but tomorrow we're up for some more rain, and straight through the weekend. Sigh.
I came home and watched some movies. I have a huge stack of DVDs I've been meaning to watch for literally months now, and just haven't had the time what with school and all. And now I'm making my way through the stack. I watched Imagination first today....it was ok. Not really my cup of tea, I guess you could say. Beautiful images, but strange. Very, very strange. And the acting....well, there wasn't much to speak of. I'm not exactly sure what was going on most of the time. This seems to happen to me when I watch movies that are combination live-action and stop-motion, like when I watched The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes. I can appreciate the art of the animation, but beyond that I have absolutely no idea what was going on. Is it just me?
After that I watched No Country for Old Men. That was....well, it was interesting. I guess it was good, but again it just wasn't my cup of tea. I did like it, but......but. I don't know. I prefer happier movies, I suppose. Whatever. I'd like to watch another movie tonight because I'm not tired at all (since I slept in til after 10:oo this morning!); but I have to be at work at 7:00 tomorrow morning, so I'd better not.
Oh yeah! And guess what. Grades are going to be posted tomorrow, so I'm anxiously awaiting that!
Wish me luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...