Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Summer of Cleaning

I don't know what's going on around here lately, but I like it..... it seems my entire family is in an enormous cleaning frenzy....which is definitely a good thing. My dad and I spent the morning down in the our dank and dingy basement, sweeping, sorting, and cleaning. We haven't even begun to make a dent, but unfortunately I have to go to work this evening at 5:00 (5-9, the most pointless shift EVER!). I am off work tomorrow, though, so we'll be down there probably all day tomorrow. Whew! We loaded up the van with a bunch of junk to take to the junkyard. I can't wait to get back down there tomorrow and do it some more. Its such a satisfying feeling to clean and organize (at least to me)!


I received my cat-eye glasses from Dancing Girl Press today, although they're unfortunately about a half-inch smaller than what the description of the listing had said. I double-checked the measurements and they're definitely a full half-inch shorter than what I had expected. I have a pretty small head, but these are way too tiny even for me. They don't even reach across my eyes. I'm pretty bummed, but I did email Kristy from the shop to see if I could exchange them for a different pair. I'm just awaiting her response. I think I like these...and these.


In shop-news, I've been meaning to go through and take some better pictures of some of the older items in my shop. I like shops that have a 'uniform' look to their listings.... similar backgrounds and lighting for all of the items. I think it really looks nice, and you can almost just picture walking into a brick-and-mortar shop. So I took some pictures today, made some new and improved listings, and brought back some older stock that I need to clear out. Part of my 'clean and refresh' goal for this summer is to clean up around the shop and head in a more clear direction with what I'm selling. I'm even thinking about maybe opening a second shop for my vintage finds (seems to be all the rage right now anyway)... so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...