Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finally some pictures!

Whew, its been hectic around here lately (like always)!
Christmas really snuck up on me this year, I think because I've been so preoccupied with other things lately. I [seriously] just started my Christmas 'shopping' yesterday.... I say 'shopping' because I had already decided that I would not be buying any 'real' gifts this year. People got trampled to death over Christmas gifts; I don't want to have any part of that money-making machine they call Retail Christmas. I did, however, purchase a gift for my dad yesterday, but it was from a local company, so I'm OK with it. I won't say what it is just yet because I know he peeks in here from time to time, and I don't want to ruin any surprises!
Donn came over on Sunday, which is turning out to be our normal routine. Of course, its not really enough, but once a week just has to do sometimes. We went shopping yesterday for a suit for him, and a dress for me, to wear to a friend's wedding next Sunday.
Here's the dress I got:
I knew that it "The Dress" as soon as I saw it. Finding a suit for Donn, however, wasn't so easy. We were seriously at the mall for HOURS. Why are suits so expensive??? To make a long story short, we actually ended up finding him a really nice suit....in the kids department!!! Yes, my 29-year-old boyfriend can wear kids' clothes....and it looks nice on him! Hahaha! And anyway, the whole suit (pants + jacket) cost 1/5 (yes, ONE-FIFTH!) of the price of just a jacket in the mens' department. How crazy is that??
I don't have any pictures of him wearing his suit yet, but I did manage to finally get a picture of us together last night before he had to leave for work. Notice I'm wearing the black dress.... my mom asked for a 'fashion show', haha. Oh, and I'm not actually that tall.... I'm wearing 4 inch heels! (Plus, Donn's only about 5' 6"- haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...