Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New things

I've been doing a bit of thrifting here and there lately, in anticipation of our move in a few weeks (and, by the way, we met the landlord and signed the lease last night, yay!). Here are some of the treasures I've found:
This is the coolest, creepiest piece of art that ever did exist. I spotted it a few weeks ago, but fought the urge to buy it. It was still there the other day, so I just had to make it mine. I love the colors (which you can't even discern in my crappy photograph) and because its a redhead. With a rabbit. Perfection.
I spotted this dish set last week and couldn't get it out of my mind. Again, I fought the urge to buy it, but yesterday it was still there, so I sent Teddy a picture message over the phone and asked if he liked it. He loved it, and for only $10 (for a 30-piece set!!), I just had to.
Teddy found this on craigslist last week, for only $40. We named it Bastian.
I'd say I've had a pretty good couple of weeks of thrifting. I love it that there's a big thrift store just about 5 minutes from where we live (and from the new apartment, which is only a few minutes away from where we live now). Its just off-campus, so I like to stop there after school sometimes. Plus it's run by sweet little old Amish ladies.
Today is a dreary, chilly day. My poor plants have to stay on the windowsill today instead of on the porch. I should really be studying for tomorrow's Chem. exam, and working on my poster for the colloquium next Thursday, and... plenty of other things. However, I can't seem to get my behind in gear today. Plus, I have this to do:


That's right, I'm baking some fish bones today. I asked my prof. exactly how I should go about preserving the skull, and he said I should bake it dry, then spray it with a polycrylic varnish. This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...