Thursday, May 28, 2009

Everything's bigger in Texas.

Well, we're back from our adventure in Texas. It was sooooo much fun, and so hard to leave! Teddy's visit with the school went extremely well, so now I just have to wait until its time for me to apply and see how that goes. If all goes well, we'll both be living there in about 6 months! In the worst-case scenario, at least Teddy will be living there by January, and I will follow a.s.a.p.

Anyway, on to the good stuff - unfortunately, I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures for first, like, 3 days. There is only one picture of me (taken on the plane home; and its not very flattering), and no pictures of Teddy and I together or me and my family together. Haha. In any case, we had a fantastic time. Thanks so much to my Grandaddy and Penny for having us and showing us a good time (like always)! It was also really nice to finally get to meet my aunt Shannon's 3 beautiful girls. The youngest, Gracie, is officially the first child to EVER think I was cool and want to hang out with me. Ever. She and her 10-year-old sister just fell in love with Teddy, too, so that was pretty amusing. Mackenzie took every opportunity she could to grab Teddy's attention. It was so cute.
We went to San Antonio one day. It was so cool to see the actual Alamo, and the cool architecture of some of the older buildings. It was a lot of fun, but it at one point it started storming, and we had to run across the entire city to get back to our car. I was so drenched, we stopped in the mall so I could buy a new outfit for the 3-hour ride home. People on the street chuckled when they saw me; if you know me at all, you know that there are few things in this world that I hate more than wet clothes, so I can only imagine the look on my face.
We sat by the river and ate Mexican, and got drunk on margaritas (by accident - we're pathetic light-weights)

The Alamo!

We went bowling on our last day in Texas, which was super fun. Afterward the girls (minus Misty, the 12 year old) went to the mall and the boys (and Misty) went to the movies to see Star Trek. It was cute to see how the 6- and 10-year olds shopped. I let them each pick something out at the mall, and I think they had fun. Gracie wanted to hold my hand the whole time; it was so cute.

At the bowling alley, Gracie tried to teach Teddy ballet, but quickly grew exasperated and switched to hip-hop. We went to Cavender's so I could find a pair of real cowgirl boots (yee-haw!)... I told Mackenzie to "look like a pioneer", and I think she thought that meant a pirate, because she did the Captain Morgan and said she was "on a boat"... hahahaha

You can see all of my other pictures here.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...