Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today is such a dreary, grey day. I got off work at 2:00 today, and literally as I was walking through the parking lot to my car to go home, it started storming. This always happens to me, I swear! The grey weather makes me feel really sleepy/lazy, so I feel like today is kind of a wasted day.


At least I got some important stuff done yesterday. I registered for another class (this one will start the day after we get back from our 3-week jaunt in FL, yay.), made some calls dealing with financial aid for school, and took Teddy to my favorite antique mall. We didn't buy anything, but sometimes its fun to just look.


I think I mentioned the other day that Teddy woke up with a terrible rash all over his face- well, he went back to the doctor yesterday, and they diagnosed it as poison ivy. We're not exactly sure when he would have been anywhere near poison ivy, but in any case the steroids seem to be helping a lot. His face looks almost totally better (just a little rosy, but the rash part seems to be gone); he just has a few welts behind his ear and on his chest. Poor guy. The steroid makes him really hyper, too, haha.


Anyway, I'm pretty bored so I've decided to do a little survey thingie. Enjoy!

What is your current obsession? Turquoise! Ever since we went to Texas, I want turquoise EVERYTHING! There were TONS of gorgeous turquoise jewelry at the antique mall yesterday, so now I just have to drop a few hints to Teddy..... hahahaha jk!


What is your weirdest obsession? Um...probably my love for all things 'natural'.... which manifests itself in fish skulls that I find washed up onshore, bones I find in marshes, songbird skulls that Teddy has collected, this guy.....we have lots of strange things in our house. My mom says I'm weird.

What do you see outside your window? this


What is your favorite color? It depends on what the object is, but in general its safe to say I prefer blues and greens. Let's compromise and say teal.

What is your weakness? I'm impatient, and I'm also a procrastinator. But it works for me.

What animal would you be? I really don't know.... probably some kind of bird. Or fish. But I'll have to ask someone else what kind of animal I remind them of. I have no idea.

What would you like to learn how to do? Play the guitar! I know I could pick it up really quickly; I just need to sit down and do it.

What do you want to never happen in life? I don't ever want to see anyone I love suffer terribly. But who wants that? Selfishly, I hope that I never have to start all over again. I like the way my life is going, thank you.

What is on your bedside table? The actual table is on my side of the bed,and it has my awesome globe lamp on it. Underneath the table are some big, scary knives that Teddy insists on keeping there 'just in case'. Teddy has a dresser on his side of the bed, and the top of it is filled with his junk.

What’s the last thing you bought? OK, technically I didn't buy it, Teddy did, but I chose it. Last night Teddy was looking on Amazon for a cable that we can use to connect our laptops to the TV (so we can watch Netflix instant-view movies on the TV, of course), and he said I could pick something out so we could get the free shipping....so I picked this. Yay! Technically, the last thing I bought was an $800 Geography class at school. Joy.

What was your favorite children’s book? I had a lot of favorites, but this is the first one that popped into my head. I have a signed copy that I got in 3rd grade.

Who do you want to meet in person? Jacques Cousteau. Or I'd settle for Steve Zissou.


What did you want to be as a child? Like most kids, I wanted to be a marine biologist. It has never changed.

What did you dream about last night? I usually have such epic dreams, but I don't remember any from last night. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that we downloaded a bartending app. for my iPod yesterday, and there is a bottle of coconut rum the fridge.

Which do you prefer, day or night? It all depends, but mostly I prefer days. I get sleepy at night, and I don't like to do much after about 8:00. Haha!

What’s your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? Right now its probably the strapless hippie-looking dress I got in Texas. Its just perfect for summer, lightweight and pretty, and it goes well with just about anything. Oh, and of course my cowgirl boots!

What’s your plan for tomorrow? Not sure yet. I'm off work, so I was thinking, if its good weather I'll take Daisy for a walk over to campus to see Teddy while he's at work; maybe do a little thrifting (gotta keep the shop stocked!), or perhaps go to my parents' house for a bit.

What would you like to get your hands on right now? I seem to be on an accessories kick right now, especially things with natural, organic elements like gemstones, rocks, fossils....


from masaoms.etsy.com


What is your must-have of the moment? I like to change it up most of the time, but the one thing I've been wearing almost ever day is a pair of silver earrings I got at - get this - Walmart last week. They're just really simple, but interesting, and they go with just about everything. Plus they were only like $3.00.

What’s your favorite tea flavor? I'm not much of a tea-drinker, but I do like Starbucks' black tea lemonade and passion tea. That's about it.

If you could go anywhere is the world right now, where would you go? Honestly, I've been thinking a lot about San Antonio lately. I feel like I could have spent another couple of days there. We were only in the city for a few hours, and then it started raining, but I feel like I could have really loved that city. I definitely want to go back there again. I also have a hankering to go to the desert (which is a big deal for me; I've NEVER wanted to go to the desert before!)...maybe New Mexico? It just looks so beautiful.....

In other news, I've been adding/organizing on Flickr, so go check it out. Oh, and I ate this for an afternoon snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...