Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vegan-tine's Day Cake!


*Edited to add pictures of the second cake! See, I told you sprinkles are cute!

See, I told you I was going to make a heart-shaped dessert today! I used this easy recipe and just tweaked it a teensy-tiny bit. Instead of oil, I like to use mashed bananas (or applesauce will work, too!) when I bake. It's easy, and much healthier! Just use a 1:1 replacement ratio.
I also DOUBLED the recipe because I made TWO heart-shaped cakes. Originally, I planned on making a layer cake, but desserts (especially chocolate ones) tend to disappear pretty quickly around this place, so I decided to just have two cakes. Just be aware that the recipe is only for ONE small cake.
Here's what my cake looked like, from start to finish:


Mashin' my banana!
Mixing the wet and dry ingredients... doesn't look so delicious, does it?

Two hearts!

I made a chocolate glaze to go on one of the cakes...
And then I sprinkled it with powdered sugar, and drizzled it with chocolate syrup!

The other cake is going to have white frosting with nonpareils on it. I thought we had some pink icing, but I can't find it. No fair. Oh well. I'm just going to smother it in rainbow sprinkles anyway, because really, what's cuter than sprinkles on a heart-shaped dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...