Saturday, June 5, 2010

Yay, and a New Plan

I can't say it enough - life is so full of surprises, I have pretty much given up on ever trying to plan my life. Not even on the short-term. It just can't be done! And I'm finally becoming OK with that.

Things have been pretty hectic for the past, oh, 2 months as my "life plan" took on sever humongous changes. #1, my relationship ended abruptly and quite unexpectedly; #2, an opportunity to start grad school at A&M presented itself to me quite unexpectedly; #3, I've been working like a maniac to graduate with my B.S. EARLY, so I could start at A&M this Fall, which entails WAAYYYYY more than anyone would ever care to know the details of; and not all of it has been smooth. But that's fine. I'm good at flying by the seat of my pants, and I don't really get stressed out.

But there has been a little worry lurking in the back of my mind. There's just not enough TIME. In 2 months (since mid-March), I have done what it normally takes about a full year to do. Now its down to the nitty-gritty, and the pieces just don't seem to be matching up. So I basically need a back-up plan, just in case the current plan of action just doesn't work out right now. But what IS my back-up plan??

In the past week, little things have been popping up here and there that have enabled me to put together a very basic back-up plan. Thank goodness! Of course, I still have more bases to cover, but its a good start. If my Plan A falls through and I don't go to A&M this Fall, I think I'm perfectly fine with staying at Ship for 1 more semester, then going to A&M in the Spring. That was my original plan, anyway, before I met Dr. Houser and this whole ball got rolling! I need just 1 class to graduate, and I was planning on taking it in Texas at the end of this summer, but it looks like Financial Aid is going to screw me up... long story short, I won't have my money until way after the class would end, so I don't know if I'll be able to take that class. It isn't being offered this summer at Ship, or any other college around here, unfortunately. Plus, I was counting on my summer Fin. Aid to get me down to Texas and to use to pay rent this summer. That's definitely not going to happen, so... I have no idea where I would live, or how I would pay for anything at all. Not good!

I think that rushing all of these major decisions is probably not good... and I'm not even *officially* accepted to A&M yet... and if I don't take the Physics class at Blinn this summer, then I won't graduate in August, and I definitely can't start grad school if I don't graduate. So...therein lies the problem.

So for the next couple of weeks, I'm just going to see how things go and try to figure all of this out. I'm actually probably more comfortable staying in PA for another semester... it seems less (financially!) risky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...