Friday, July 30, 2010

Book Report.


The past few days have been pretty quiet. I've been bike-hunting on Craigslist, house-sitting for my prof, and reading what may just be the best book I have ever read (the t.v. miniseries is great, too, so far...I'm just mad because I don't get Starz so I can ony watch the first 2 episodes!! But you can watch the first 2 episodes on Netflix...watch it!) I finished the book (nearly 1000 pages) in about 4 days... its that good.

Now I'm reading Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell. I'm only about 40 pages in, and I just don't know if I like it yet... something bothers me about the way its written. I think its the lack of details... virtually NOTHING in the book is described with any detail, so I just can't picture any of it in my mind. I like to be able to see what's going on as I'm reading the words. So far, I just haven't been able to do that with this book. :-/

I might borrow one of the books here at the house.... I spotted this one on the nightstand, and while I'm not really into horror-fiction (and definitely not the whole vampire trend), its by Guillermo del Toro, so it might be worth a read.  
I also noticed The Loch in the office last time I was house-sitting. Again, horror-fiction isn't really my thing, but sea monsters are definitely more to my taste. :-D

Have you read any good books lately??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...