Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sun(?)day, and a how-to!!

Its a cloudy, dreary day here today. It rained this morning and off-and-on this afternoon, and now its just dreary and humid outside. Ew.

I woke up late this morning (and yesterday morning; what's going on?), and I always have a hard time getting into the day when I sleep late - I just feel....off. So I decided that today would be a good day to clean! I've done 2 loads of laundry already, put clean sheets and blankets on my bed, gave all 3 of my dogs baths, dusted (like, for reals - behind the t.v., on top of the ceiling fan blades - that was the worst!). I vacuumed like 3 times.... and keep in mind the total area of the carpeted area of my bedroom is probably about 10 square feet...seriously. My dogs (and cats!) are just that hairy and shed-dy. And sometimes, in-between baths, my dear pets emit a certain not-so-good odor...


Apparently my bed is quite attractive to animals...

Which brings me to my How-To!
I have a "recipe" for making your very own room-refresher (think Febreze) - my mom uses soooo much Febreze, and its not exactly cheap. Plus, I hate the way it smells, and it always makes my lungs burn! My friend Mary (who is a genius and has all sorts of use-what-you-have kind of recipes) told me how she makes a room refresher - its awesome and smells sooooo good!

You'll need:
- an empty spray-bottle
- about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fabric softener*
- about a tablespoon of baking soda
- hot water

*how much you use is up to you; depends on how strong you want it to smell

First, pour the fabric softener into your empty spray bottle (I didn't measure, I just poured it in until there was about 1 inch of fabric softener in the bottom of the spray bottle). Next, add the baking soda. Finally, fill the rest of the bottle with hot water from the tap. Leave about an inch of empty space at the top of the bottle so you can shake it up and mix it. Shake until mixed, then spray away! It makes the room smell really clean and fresh! I use it as a linen spray for my mattress and bedsheets, and I spray the carpet. Perfect!
*******


There has been a marathon of Monster Quest today, all of which were about some sort of aquatic beasts - my favorite kind! Oh, speaking of, have you seen the new link in the sidebar?? I made a Tumblr of sea creatures. Check it out!

A long-lost picture I found on my harddrive that I took at the Georgia Aquarium in 2007.
Check out my Tumblr for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks so much! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...